July 2, 2008

Last Day of Freedom (?)

Tomorrow I start work. I can barely sleep, I'm so excited. Always the night before any new event, I sleep horribly! UGH. Though I did try to counter my sleepless night with a solid day of guilt-free TV watching... Don't judge me! I know its going to be a tough week ahead of me, and zoning out can sometimes be the best way to deal with it. I'm so ready to move forward (and also get my first paycheck!) that I can't help but dream about my apartment and promotion already. I did think of one downfall though, I just realized, its going to be awhile before I get to take a leisure vacation again or afford one (damn student loans). I was also told by my boss casually on the day I signed my contract that while I get a 4 week vacation, "no one ever takes it." That was the biggest hint ever, say good bye to freedom. *sniff.

Also, it's supposedly a really fast pace job and really stressful job at that, but I feel like I'm so ready for the challenge hopefully SJV's prediction won't come true and I'll hate the job after a couple of months because I'll be burnt out and really stressed out all the time (oops SJV, you were accidentally hatin', HAHA)
Hmmm, I think I'll take my vacation now..

*Please (add name of higher being) don't let me hate my job and make sure that I survive for atleast a year... Thanks!

No comments: